WE ARE RUNNING UNDER A COVID SAFE EVENT PLAN. THERE ARE SOME CHANGES AND CHALLENGES THAT WE WILL ENDEAVOR TO DEAL WITH OVER THE TWO DAYS OF RACING.
SO THAT WE ALL HAVE A SAFE AND FUN FILLED EVENT, WE ARE FOLLOWING QUEENSLAND HEALTH’S RULES AND RESTRICTIONS SO IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE ALL UNDERSTAND AND ADHERE TO THEM.
WE WILL UPDATE ANY INFORMATION ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES.
2021 COVID-SAFE Event Information
TO HAVE AS LITTLE DISRUPTION AS POSSIBLE COMING THROUGH THE MAIN GATE WE ASK THAT YOU BE WELL PREPARED PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL.
The Trustees advise that it is a condition of entry for persons to provide their contact information.
There will be zero tolerance of bad or abusive behaviour to security and event staff.
ARRIVAL THROUGH THE MAIN GATE:
Please have the correct money for your entry. This will also help with any delays at the main gate.
Weekend Pass $90
Day Only Pass $25
Scan the QR code for contact tracing purposes.
Add in any additional people—those who are with you without their own device or app.
When the check-in is complete, show gate staff the app successful check in screen.
If you are staying for the DAY ONLY you will need to scan out when you leave through the main gate.
You will be asked the following questions at the main gate:
- Have you travelled from overseas or a COVID-19 hot spot in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with a known case of COVID-19?
- Do you currently, or have you recently experienced cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, loss of smell or taste, vomiting diarrhoea or shortness of breath?
If you answer yes to any of these questions you will be referred to our medical facility at the main gate for assessment of COVID like symptoms, and you may be refused entry.
Notice to all Patrons; DO NOT enter the venue if you:
- are unwell;
- have been in close contact with a known case of COVID-19;
- have COVID-19 symptoms;
- have travelled overseas in the last 14 days;
- have been to a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days
- The Trustees and the Race Club have the right to refuse entry or service and insist that anyone who is displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or appears unwell leaves the premises
- Patrons must adhere to all directions of staff and leave the premises if requested to do so
- Hand and respiratory hygiene is essential;
- Physical distancing awareness;
- Floor and ground markings for suitable physical distancing
- Patrons are encouraged to download the COVIDSafe app.
IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR A COVID TEST RESULT STAY HOME
If at any time during the weekend you are referred to our medical facility for assessment of COVID like symptoms, you may be asked to leave for your health and safety.
Wash and sanitize hands regularly.
Please adhere to social distancing regulations and remember to practice good hygiene at all times.
Please follow any directives given by security, police, or event staff at all times.
Please follow signage of keeping 1.5 meters from the person around you, especially around stages and bar area.
Adhere to crowd flow control measures and markers showing direction of pedestrian traffic.
Patrons attending at any time over the weekend give their implied consent for their information being shared with QLD Health for contact tracing.
Please Read to help Keep Everyone Safe
We all have a role to play in maintaining social distancing when we are out and about.
Social distancing is one way to help slow the spread of viruses and can help protect the people in our community who are most at risk of getting really sick from COVID-19.
Stay home if you are sick.
If you have any symptoms, no matter how mild, get tested.
Wash hands often, using soap and water or hand sanitiser – Stations will be located around the venues as well as in the public facilities – It is recommended you bring your own personal hand sanitisers.
Presently, Queensland Health is urging all communities to be extra vigilant about health and hygiene including:
- Vigorous hand washing with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs;
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing;
- Avoiding contact with anyone who has flu-like symptoms; and
- Maintaining appropriate social distancing.